Latest Motoring News
Traffic Jams Are Everywhere These Days!
posted on Nov 28 2013 by Jade Hensby
We all know how frustrating a traffic jam can be especially when you have to be somewhere at a particular time. So what can we do to help Sadly we cannot make it vanish but with these top tips we can help you to stay calm and collected so you dont start the day in a bad mood!
- Be prepared, the stop start actions of traffic means that the risk of a car overheating and breaking down is at a much higher risk. If the car in front of you breaks down, consider:
- Staying alert so you dont enter the collision yourself.
- Be ready to pull over if necessary.
If you want to help, and have the time, have a mobile phone or jump leads.
But if youre in an accident yourself:
- Stay calm and dont panic.
- Have your insurance details at hand.
- Remain polite when talking to other drivers around you.
If you know that youll be driving in severe weather conditions you should:
- Ensure you have a blanket and perhaps a flask of coffee with you.
- Ensure you have checked your fluid and tyre levels beforehand.
- Have a mobile phone at the ready that is full charged!
Look ahead! Looking further down the road will increase your chances of anticipating changes in traffic speed, and will give you more time to avoid problems that are about to happen. Anticipating when youll need to slow down will give you an advantage in rush-hour traffic as gradual braking and minimal use of gears also saves fuel.
Rush hour traffic can be stressful, so try these tips to combat the stress:
- Concentrate on relaxing your shoulders, arms and body.
- If youre stationary roll your head and have a stretch!
- Breath in deeply, and repeat as many times as you need.
- Listen to relaxing music.
- Alternatively listen to an audio book.