Latest Motoring News
Bentley confirms the UK production of new SUV
posted on Jul 23 2013 by Jo Petty
Bentley Motors has confirmed that it will produce its new SUV in Crewe, creating over 1,000 new jobs for the UK automotive industry.
This will be the company's fourth model line and is expected to go on sale in 2016, during which time Bentley will invest over 800m into the Crewe headquarters.
The company, which is owned by Volkswagen, promised a sleek and luxurious SUV that is expected to retail in the region of 100,000, making it a rival for other popular luxury SUVs such as Range Rover.
Prime Minister David Cameron, who was present for the announcement said: "I'm delighted that Bentley will be building their new vehicle here, not only creating 1,000 jobs but safeguarding many more, as well as increasing opportunities for highly skilled apprentices."
Bentley first launched an SUV concept last year at the Geneva Motor Show and after 16 months of customer feedback it has finalised the design to be used for the 2016 launch.
Bentley's Chairman and Chief Executive, Dr Wolfgang Schreiber said that the new car will "leverage the success of the global SUV market" and he predicts that it will provide sustainable growth for Bentley.